Huge performance improvement

I’ve just submitted code to svn that brings a long-awaited feature to 0.2.5: Using SSE2 to compute the Key Confirmation Key and the Message Integrity Code when attacking a EAPOL-handshake. Long story short: The commands attack_cowpatty and attack_db (aka “cracking the password via precomputed tables“) are MUCH faster than before. Using Pyrit 0.2.5-svn r208, my MacBook Pro 2×2.5Ghz and a precomputed database I got around 300.000 keys per second. With r209 I get around 1.000.000 keys per second; we are more than 3x as fast as before.

I’ve also fixed a stupid performance regression and improved the performance of the storage-backend. All in all you should see some flying wheels with r209.

Leave a comment

No comments yet.

Comments RSS TrackBack Identifier URI

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

  • RSS Unknown Feed

    • An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.